Current Job Openings
Motive - MEI - AZ
Purpose and Scope:
The Field Service Technician I is responsible for basic troubleshooting and repair of batteries and attendant equipment. They manage a high quantity of communications while remaining alert to new clients and enhanced sales opportunities.
- Represents the company in a neat and professional manner in accordance with company standards.
- Practices safety and good housekeeping in all circumstances.
- Conveys information to proper customer contacts.
- Safely operates a service vehicle and keeps it in good working order.
- Operates a forklift truck and reach truck on a regular basis.
- Safely and correctly processes non-potable water recovered by the battery wash.
- Tests for and analyzes results of acidity level of water (pH).
- Performs voltage testing and pressure washing of battery.
- Evaluates power module performance by reviewing its electronics operation and components against specifications.
- Performs planned and preventative maintenance of chargers.
- Performs diagnosis of and resolves charger issues (bad fuse, display failure, AC cord, power module).
- Performs battery inspections, battery watering, battery washing, and recording of cell voltages and specific gravities.
- Performs watering system installations.
- Maintains an accurate assigned parts inventory.
- Follows assigned schedule to ensure regular product maintenance.
- Recognizes and addresses safety and EPA issues.
- Complies with company policies and procedures (regarding issues such as warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, and hazmat).
- Actively promotes point of sale items and allied products and services.
- Ensures work orders are filled out properly and submitted in a timely manner.
- Establishes good working relationships with customers.
- Participates in sales process by identifying client opportunity (expanded services, new client, etc.) and conveys said information to appropriate sales personnel.
- Communicates with others (supervisor, company technicians or other departments, as needed), to coordinate necessary repairs or either resolve customer complaints or seize opportunities.
- Communicates with Management and Sales regarding any unresolved customer issues.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural and technical manuals.
- Defines problems and draws valid conclusions on the work that needs to be performed.
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- All other duties as required.
Skills / Other:
- Mathematical aptitude (perform basic calculations).
- Sales skills.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- High degree of organization, deadline-driven, self-motivated and accountable with follow-through and follow-up.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and maintain a positive attitude.
- Critical and analytical thinker, able to prioritize work and move from task to task.
- Troubleshooting skills, able to define problems and solve them.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- 1-3 Years of battery industry or related experience, preferably in a field service environment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Motive Energy, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law Motive Energy, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Motive Energy, Inc., expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected categories.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Pay: $23 - $35/hr