Current Job Openings
Motive - MEI - CA
Purpose and Scope: The Collections Clerk performs collection efforts.
- Run A/R Aging reports on assigned companies and review all past due accounts.
- Perform high volume of customer collection calls and/or email correspondence to collect overdue customer balances.
- Resolve customer invoice collections issues and billing disputes issues. Requires partnering with Sales and AR/ billing team to resolve and bring to closure.
- Research disputed account balances; correct any errors, including misapplied payments or credits.
- Build and maintain customer relationships and conduct ongoing customer contact (sending invoice copies, statements, checking on status).
- Communicate to supervisor and management on customer past due and collection efforts.
- Enlist the efforts of sales management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Update ERP system with customer contact details and communicate important billing procedure updates/ changes to AR team members.
- Keep correspondence log and accurate records on customer collections efforts, expected pay dates and amounts. Follow up to verify that payments were made. Be prepared to review at AR meetings.
- Work with supervisor on issuing legal collections letters and credit holds.
- Handling of receivable portals.
- All other duties as required.
- Minimum of 2 years in A/R and collections preferred.
- College degree in Finance or Accounting a plus.
- Computer proficiency and experience with accounting software, MAS 500, preferred.
- Knowledge and application of GAAP.