Current Job Openings
Motive - MESSI - Solar
Purpose and Scope: The Solar Systems Engineer is responsible for the planning, design and implementation of solar PV systems.
- Conducts site walks to assess feasibility of solar and energy storage installation.
- Collects structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design.
- Designs or coordinates development of technical design specs for photovoltaic (PV) or solar systems remaining conscious of materials, site conditions, functional or contractual requirements, design parameters, and other variables.
- Creates checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
- Creates electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Creates plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Analyzes system efficiency through computer simulations.
- Provides technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Develops standard operating procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- All other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of CAD programs.
- Familiarity with NEC and related codes.
- Holds or obtains any required licenses.
- 2+ Years of experience involving engineering design of renewable energy (solar).
- 1+ Year supervising a team.
Pay:$90,000 - $120,000/yr